Sunday, March 27, 2011

Brew Progress

So, I got home this weekend and was able to take my second sample of the Cooper's home brew. The hydrometer shows steady progress, with a reading of about 1020, taste is a little bitter but hopefully that'll mellow out over the next few weeks.

I still haven't seen any bubbles in the airlock, so I presumably have a small air leak, but as long as the beer is still fermenting I won't worry about that. I now have the barrel wrapped in a thick blanket, indoors but away from any radiators which seems to give a consistent temperature of around 22 °C.

I hope to bottle my homebrew next weekend if the readings have stabilised.

I picked up a few bottle of Grolsch on Friday night for their lovely swing-top bottles, the beer was quite nice too, even if the after-taste was a little bitter. This was washed down with plenty of Bavaria, best served in plastic pitchers, apparently.

Mickey Rourke Approves (Spotted in Odeon)

No comments: